The University of Arizona Wonder House was a hit at SXSW 2022 in Austin, Texas, in large part thanks to the efforts of the students, staff, faculty and alumni of Arizona Arts.
Engaging conversations, a towering mural, nightly music and innovative expressions of arts and health, arts and science, arts and memories and a high-profile documentary discussion letting the world of SXSW know about the diversity and quality of creative inquiry happening in Tucson.
Originally scheduled for the spring of 2020, SXSW was one of the first big events to cancel due to the pandemic. This past March, the University of Arizona played a major role in welcoming this annual event for creators and tech creativity back with the SXSW Wonder House. The University partnered with Fogo de Chao, a Brazilian steakhouse, in the heart of Austin, across the street from Austin Convention Center, the main site for the event.
>> Visit the SXSW Wonder House website for more information.
- StellarScape tells an immersive, multimedia story of a star (03.13.22)
- de Kooning documentary drops at SXSW 2022 (03.11.22)
- Creative Encounters in Awe Walking (03.11.22)
- Arizona Arts in Austin (02.25.22)
- The ‘Wonder House’ makes its debut at SXSW (02.24.22)
@UArizonaArts | #arizonaarts