Nhan Ho collaborated with sjDANCEco, a resident dance company in San Jose, California, thanks to the support from the College of Fine Arts Medici Circle donors.
Ho is a second year MFA student in the School of Dance. His collaboration with sjDANCEco was in conjunction with music composer Zachary White. Ho conducted warm-up classes and choreographed a new piece that was performed earlier this month.
“This aligns precisely with the type of work I am researching for my thesis, providing me with valuable insights and enabling me to delve deeper into my research.”
Medici Mondays: Nhan Ho
Ho and White also worked with the San Jose Chamber Orchestra to create an original score for the dance company’s new season. His choreographed dance contributed to his ongoing creative movement research for his thesis work. This was the first time Ho collaborated with both a composer and orchestra to create original dance choreography.
“I would like to express my deep gratitude to Wesley Green, whose generous contribution played a pivotal role in bringing this project to life. I also want to extend my thanks to all the donors from the Medici Scholars program who supported students in their endeavors this summer, fostering opportunities for engagement between students and the community of arts patrons.”
Thanks to donations made by the generous Medici Circle members, talented artist scholars like Nhan are awarded $1,000 to pursue an educational summer project beyond the classroom.
Previously on “Medici Mondays” …
- Adi Beckman … Film & Television … 10.23.23
- Nhan Ho … dance … 10.16.23
- Giovanni Accadia … music … 10.09.23
- Galen Dara Smith … art … 10.02.23
- Deborah Ruiz … art … 09.25.23
- Ivy Wahome … art … 09.18.23
- Sasha Reist … film, dance … 02.21.22
- Nadari Hockenhull … music … 02.14. 22
- Katie Baird … music … 02.07.22
- Hannah Hutchins … music … 01.31.22
- Gyselle Cuevas … film … 01.24.22
- David Baboila … art … 01.10.22