Jenna Green traveled to New York to be an emerging participant in the 2023 Mind & Life Summer Research Institute, thanks to support from the College of Fine Arts Medici Circle donors.
Medici Mondays: Jenna Green
Green is a second year PhD student in the College of Art and Visual Culture Education. She attended a week-long event that hosted formal presentations, lectures, panels, breakout groups, daily yoga classes, and more, during the 20th anniversary of the institute.
“This year, the themes were trauma and adversity, resilience and recovery, and restorative social justice, topics key to my own research pursuits and pedagogical practices in art museum education.”
Green presented a poster about mindfulness in an art museum and created a visual photography journal of her experience.
“Being able to build a community with scholars from different disciplines that share research interests was truly amazing.”
She also attended a webinar program hosted by Dr. Tasha Golden, Director of Research at the International Arts and Mind Lab, developing tools to further include trauma-informed practices into museum education programs.
“I would like to express my gratitude to Vincent Immordino, the generous donor whose contribution made possible my selection as a 2023 Medici Scholar and the opportunity for me to further my academic and artistic endeavors.”
Thanks to donations made by the generous Medici Circle members, talented artist scholars like Jenna are awarded $1,000 to pursue an educational summer project beyond the classroom.
Previously on “Medici Mondays…”
- Jenna Green … art … 11.06.23
- Adi Beckman … film & television … 10.23.23
- Nhan Ho … dance … 10.16.23
- Giovanni Accadia … music … 10.09.23
- Galen Dara Smith … art … 10.02.23
- Deborah Ruiz … art … 09.25.23
- Ivy Wahome … art … 09.18.23
- Sasha Reist … film, dance … 02.21.22
- Nadari Hockenhull … music … 02.14. 22
- Katie Baird … music … 02.07.22
- Hannah Hutchins … music … 01.31.22
- Gyselle Cuevas … film … 01.24.22
- David Baboila … art … 01.10.22